Cannabis Fun Club in Russia

Help | Search | Users | Calendar

Hello, guest. ( Entrance | Registration )

Reply to this topic Start new topic
>   Fertilizers
BUSHROOT
message Jul 25 2004, 20:24
Message #1

Cannabis Fun Club Member

Group: Users
User #: 36

When and what fertilizers does hemp need?

The first two weeks after germination, the plant should not be fertilized. At this stage, plants require almost no nutrients. Until the formation of the first pair of true leaves, the sprout generally lives off the substances stored in the seed. Most soil sold contains 100 mg/l of nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K), or more. This is quite enough for the first time.

After the second week, you can start fertilizing. Balanced fertilizers with a ratio of NPK 1-1-1 and microelements are optimal. Most of the fertilizers sold here contain much more nitrogen than potassium and phosphorus, which is good for cucumbers and tomatoes, but undesirable for hemp.
I use POKON for flowering plants 5-5-7 with microel. Bottle with dispenser, I use a concentration of 1/4 of the recommended strength, every 4th watering. Closer to flowering, you can use the fertilizer more often*.
Russian universal fertilizers (Kemira, Zdraven, etc.) give mediocre results, as they contain many foreign impurities. They also tend to dissolve poorly, which makes them not only inaccessible to plants, but also dangerous, causing burns to the roots.

Magnesium deficiency is very common, as cannabis needs it in large quantities. Many universal fertilizers do not contain it. Epsom salt or potassium magnesium sulfate is used for magnesium fertilization (I have not personally come across it). Epsom salt needs about 1 teaspoon per 2 liters of water, about once every two weeks, or even less often.

When you reduce the daylight hours, switching to 12/12, the plant's need for phosphorus will increase sharply. There are many special fertilizers for flowering cannabis (Superbud), but they are not sold in Russia. These fertilizers do not contain anything special (although they cost 100 bucks for a small jar - for "advanced" growers), so they can easily be replaced with domestic ammophos or double superphosphate.
I use 1 g of ammophos per 2 liters of water.

The last two weeks of flowering should also not be fertilized, as this will greatly spoil the taste. Excess nitrogen during flowering gives the smell of urea, it is impossible to smoke such buds without coughing. Try to solve all problems with the deficiency of any elements 2 weeks before harvesting.

A deficiency of an element is less dangerous for a plant than an excess. A deficiency of any element leads to slowing down and even stopping growth, so be attentive to the condition of the leaves. However, do not worry too much when painful symptoms appear - all processes in the plant proceed slowly, so you always have time to spare before the situation becomes critical.
With an excess, the situation is worse - the accumulation of an unclaimed element in the soil leads to chemical burns of the roots, falling leaves, and dangerous changes in pH leading to the inability of other elements to be absorbed.

-------------------
* the frequency of feeding depends on the size of the plant - the larger the plant, the greater its needs; the size of the pot - high concentrations will only complicate the absorption of substances, leading to salinization.
The lower the concentration of the solution, the easier it is for the plant to absorb the elements it needs from it.

MiG29
message Apr 23 2005, 18:42
Message #2

Cannabis Fun Club Member

User #: 145

I use liquid fertilizer "Garden of Wonders - Rainbow". It contains nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus in equal proportions + humic substances (2g per liter). Is it worth it?

And where can I find Epsom salt?
Z_Picceno
message Jun 5 2005, 01:05
Message #3

Cannabis Fun Club Member

User No: 189

And I use Wiflor fertilizers, I’m not complaining!
FarEast_Grower
message Aug 4 2006, 17:23
Message #4

Cannabis Fun Club Member

User No: 274

and cow shit doesn't rule these days?
Ray
message Aug 4 2006, 17:41
Message #5

Cannabis Fun Club Member

User #: 255

Far Eastern breeder, do you promote poop in every post?!!! (IMG: style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif ) (IMG: style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ) (IMG: style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif )
Ray
message Aug 4 2006, 18:03
Message #6

Cannabis Fun Club Member

oops..... southern.....
FarEast_Grower
message Aug 5 2006, 16:13
Message #7

Cannabis Fun Club Member

User #: 274

and because fucking shit grows on it, and you didn't know?
Ray
message Aug 5 2006, 19:20
Message #8

Cannabis Fun Club Member

no... I live in the north... we rarely have cows anywhere... only in villages... and if there were cows I would know of course... (IMG: style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif ) (IMG: style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif ) (IMG: style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif )

Fast Reply Reply to this topic Start new topic
1 people are reading this topic (guests: 1, hidden users: 0)
Users: 0

Text version Now: 9th August 2006 - 01:56

Sitemap